The K025 Multi-Outlet Drip Irrigation Kit is The Drip Store's deluxe, custom designed drip irrigation kit specially designed for greenhouse and "pots on benches" installation. The Automatic Drip Irrigation Kit contains a digital battery-operated controller, 100' of high quality 1/2" drip hose with .600" ID x .700" OD and all the parts needed to install a drip irrigation system for 100 pots and baskets, on up to four benches.
The watering components include 20 1-gallon per hour (GPH) PC drippers with check valve, 20 .5-gallon per hour (GPH) PC drippers with check valve, 10 four-outlet adapters, 20 two-outlet adapters and 20 one outlet adapters inserted on top of the drippers. The adapters split the drippers' flow rates into .25 GPH per outlet and .5 GPH per outlet to water different sizes of pots and baskets. This complete drip kit can be expanded to up to 800 pots and baskets.
The drip irrigation kit contains everything you need to implement a drip system from the controller to the end of the line. Included in this drip irrigation kit are a 3/4" filter, 100 2' lengths of micro tubing to feed the pots, 100 stakes, and all the fittings and accessories needed to install the system. This drip irrigation system requires assembly of the drippers with the single outlet, two-outlet or 4-outlet adapters, the micro tubing and the stakes.
Recommendation: Dip the end of the micro tubing in hot water to make it easy to connect the micro tubing to the stake.
Important: To make sure that you have even uniformity from all the stakes, use the stake with the water labyrinth for the 2-outlet and 4-outlet adapters, and the stake with the barb for the single outlet adapter.
- Maximum incoming operating pressure: 100 PSI
- Operating pressure: 7 to 55 PSI
- Dripper flow rates: .5 GPH color code brown, and 1 GPH color code black
- Dripper check valve sealing pressure 2.9 PSI and opening pressure of 5.8 PSI
- Recommended filtration: 150 mesh
Note. The pressure regulator (included) is used to lower the incoming pressure to the suggested operating pressure of 25 PSI, which is within the range of recommended pressures for a drip system or micro-sprinkler system.
Qty Part Description Model # 1 3/4" MHT x MPT nipple A010 1 3/4" FHT x 3/4" MHT battery operated timer C001 1 3/4" FHT x 3/4" MHT backflow device A015 1 3/4" FHT x MHT Y filter w/ 155 mesh polyester screen, color green F300 1 3/4" FHT x MHT 25 PSI preset pressure regulator A013 1 3/4" FHT x .700 O.D. swivel adapter w/washer LF503 1 100 ft of drip tubing with .600 ID x .700 OD T003 1 1/2" coupling .700 O.D. LF001 3 1/2" tees .700 O.D. LF005 4 1/2" elbows .700 O.D. LF007 20 1 GPH pressure compensating drippers, black BG-010 20 .5 GPH pressure compensating drippers, brown BG-050 20 Single outlet connectors GB-10U 20 Double outlet connectors GB-20U 10 4-outlet connectors GB-40U 80 Pot stakes with labyrinth flow passage for use with multi-outlet adapters. GD-000 20 Pot stakes for use with single outlet adapters. A127 100 Pieces pre-cut vinyl micro tubing with .118 ID x .187 OD GD-024 1 Goof plugs, strip of 10 SF007 4 Figure "8" hose ends to close the end of the 1/2" drip tubing A006 1 Punch A019
* More goof plugs can be purchased as a part number SF007 (for a strip of 10)
Information that can help in the installation of the system
- Maximum recommended drip tubing length (in feet) on flat terrain with PC drippers
- Winterizing your irrigation system
- Drip irrigation tubing head loss
This drip irrigation kit has all the parts needed to start the system connecting to a faucet. The Drip Store also includes instructions on how to start the system from a PVC pipe or a pipe thread.
Use the 3/4" MHT x MPT nipple (model A010) to start from a pipe thread
- From the faucet use a battery-operated timer (model C001.) Connect the controller to the faucet.
- Connect the 3/4" FHT x MHT backflow device to the controller (model A015).
- Connect the 3/4" FHT x MHT filter (model F300) to the backflow device if used, or directly to the controller male outlet.
- Connect the 3/4" FHT x MHT pressure regulator (model A013) to the filter.
Option 2: Requires model P357-not included
- Glue to a 3/4" PVC pipe a PVC female adapter (model P357) (not included).
- Use the 3/4" MHT x MPT nipple (model A010) to connect to the pipe thread making sure to use 3-5 rounds of Teflon tape.
- Connect the 3/4" FHT X MHT battery-operated controller (model C001) to the nipple.
- Connect the 3/4" FHT x MHT backflow device to the controller or to the faucet (model A015).
- Connect the 3/4" FHT x MHT filter (model F300) to the backflow device, if used, or directly to the controller male outlet or faucet.
- Connect the 3/4" 25 PSI FHT x MHT pressure regulator (model A013) to the filter.
- To the 3/4" FHT x MHT pressure regulator connect the 3/4" FHT swivel adapter (model LF503).
- To the 3/4" swivel adapter connect the 100' of 1/2" drip tubing with .600 ID x .700 OD (model T003) and run the drip tubing into the greenhouse and perpendicular to the benches.
- Near the center of each bench cut the drip tubing and connect a 1/2" tee (model LF005). Use one tee for each row and for the last row use a 1/2" elbow (model LF007). To the tee or elbow connect the 1/2" drip tubing and lay it along the center of each bench.
- Turn the water on and flush the line, and then close the end of the 1/2"drip tubing using hose end (model A006).
- Use 1/2" coupling .700 O.D. (model LF001) to connect additional 1/2" drip tubing, or for repair.
- Use plugs (if needed) (model SF007) to repair small holes in the 1/2" drip tubing.
- Turn the water on and flush the line, after you flush the line close the end of the 1/2"drip tubing using (model A006) hose end.
- Between every four baskets punch a hole in the 1/2" drip tubing using the punch (model A019) and insert a 1-GPH PC dripper (model BG-010 or BG-050).
- Onto the dripper's nipple outlet, press the 4-outlet adapter (model GB-40U).
- To each of the adapter outlets connect the 1/8" x 24" micro tubing (model GD-024.) To the end of the micro tubing add the stake (model GD-000) and secure it into the pot.
- For a single pot larger than 8" and up to 12", punch a hole in the 1/2" tubing using the punch and insert a .5 GPH PC dripper (model BG-050.) Onto the dripper press the single outlet adapter (model GB-10U) and connect the 1/8" x 24" micro tubing (model GD-024) to the adapter.
- To the end of the micro tubing add the stake (model A127) and secure it into the pot, 1-2" from the plant crown.
How much time to water: Turn the water on for 5 to 10 minutes, and check the system. If you need less or more water adjust the irrigation controller time duration. The goal is that all the potted plants regardless of size will drain at the same time. Program the irrigation controller for about 2 to 4 minutes less than the time it took you to test the system. Run the system every one or two days, depending on your location and the soil type. After a week or two check the pots, soil, the health of the plants, and adjust the irrigation time, as needed.
|Supplier:||The Drip Store|