Monday, June 21, 2010
First trees planted
"Pooky" my nick name for those who remember me.
Top: 2 corkscrew willows they where planted by my parents and I, with the dwarf spruce (not so dwarf) 42 years ago. They were the same height as the three of us respectively.
"John" the first red oak taken as acorn from maine- named after John Gasner( beginning 2nd year.)
"Suzy " - after Attwood one of my first Island friends not sure if it is from maine or Block Island also 2. Decided to give trees names after friends and celebrities. Also, when hanging out with Paul Slocum we thought the trees should be labeled kinetic art.
- ► 2013 (35)
- ► 2012 (46)
- ► 2011 (70)
- Brooklyn Backyards and Nazi's, Cats, and Squirrels...
- indoor irrigation
- Home Depot Juniper
- First trees planted
- Green Dome
- Brooklyn trees face adversity
- Indoor irrigation System
- Neo- earth works BIock Island
- Tree Tube graveyard
- The not so great outdoors
- Preparing for the great outdoors
- Ugly backyard with stray cats
- Tracking Giant Sequoia and Bristle Cone Pine
- ▼ June (14)
- ► 2009 (133)
- ► 2008 (105)