Saturday, September 22, 2007
Review Zoe Sheehan Saldana and Tom Moody at artMovingProjects
At artMovingProjects (166 North 12th Street), conceptual artist and prankster Zoe Sheehan Saldana demonstrates the steps it takes to create a counterfeit pack of American Spirit cigarettes, Beginning with the growing organic tobacco, through drying, shredding, and rolling cigarettes, then packing them and even creating a believable seal, she completes her art process by planting the pack of home made fags in a Brooklyn Bodega. Buyer beware.
Tom Moody’s art is his blog, which changes according to the whim of the artist and is displayed on a computer terminal in the gallery. “This is an experiment in total freedom,”
say’s the artist. While a recent visit to the gallery revealed anti-Bush sentiments and scrawlings, today’s visit exhibited a more gestalt, a pulsating horizontally striped image that recalls the work of Kenneth Noland, but was according to his blog, a remix of work by Oliver Laric.
Williamsburg Greenpoint news+arts
- ► 2013 (35)
- ► 2012 (46)
- ► 2011 (70)
- ► 2010 (133)
- ► 2009 (133)
- ► 2008 (105)
- Natalie Moore and Marcin Ramocki@ artMovingProject...
- Oliver Michaels and friend rides across China
- artwork 2006-08
- Abstract Horror at Galapagos
- Review Zoe Sheehan Saldana and Tom Moody at artMov...
- Matt Freedman Twin Twin
- Digital Political Time Lapse opening
- Hillary Clinton Healthplan
- Conflux@luna lounge
- Stinky Corpse Plant Blooms in Bronx
- Laura Parnes @momenta art video library late night...
- Great Internet Sleepover
- Joe Chirchirillo/Jake Berthot and Chie Fueki
- Abstract Horror
- lulu in the woods
- Mccarren Park Stop the War
- untitled 28 (abstract horror Darfur)
- Art openings and a new season
- Perry Hoberman project space @ artMovingProjects
- Ken Butler installs at artMovingProjects
- Slot Car News: Slot cars as art!
- ▼ September (22)